FRANKLIN, Tenn. - The TBR Finance and Business Operations Committee met today to consider, among other agenda items, a request by ETSU to increase the mandatory athletics fee its students pay by $125 per semester to help fund the cost of a new football program.
The committee voted to approve the ETSU request.
The committee's action requires approval by the full Board of Regents before taking effect.
The minutes of today's committee meeting will go before the Board for discussion and approval at its quarterly meeting on Friday, March 29.
If approved on Friday, ETSU is expected to begin the search for a head football coach. President, Brian Noland has been getting advice from former Tennessee head coach, Phillip Fulmer among others.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day