FRANKLIN, Tenn. - The TBR Finance and Business Operations Committee met today to consider, among other agenda items, a request by ETSU to increase the mandatory athletics fee its students pay by $125 per semester to help fund the cost of a new football program.
The committee voted to approve the ETSU request.
The committee's action requires approval by the full Board of Regents before taking effect.
The minutes of today's committee meeting will go before the Board for discussion and approval at its quarterly meeting on Friday, March 29.
If approved on Friday, ETSU is expected to begin the search for a head football coach. President, Brian Noland has been getting advice from former Tennessee head coach, Phillip Fulmer among others.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman