JOHNSON CITY, TN - East Tennessee State University is in the works to change one of its programs in order to regain accreditation.
ETSU announced this morning that their mass communications department will now be divided into two parts.
The communications department will operate under the department of communication and performance and the department of mass communication.
Gordon Anderson, Dean of College of Arts and Sciences told News 5 why they decided to make the change.
"One of the issues in their decision not to re-accredit us last year was the fact that mass communication was not a separate unit with its own leadership," said Anderson. "So that will be one of the outcomes of making the division into two new departments."
Anderson said it would be two or three years before the programs could regain accreditation.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator