MADISONVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities have captured one of two Monroe County Jail inmates who escaped from work detail last week.
Police say that Ricky Burnett was taken into custody in Madisonville around 2:30 p.m. on Friday.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says Burnett and Tony Joe Carroll were working at a convenience center when they stole an SUV belonging to one of the site supervisors and drove away.
Burnett had been serving time for driving on a suspended license, manufacture of schedule II drugs, drug paraphernalia and violation of parole. He now faces additional charges of escape and theft of property.
Officials say Carroll has been serving time for charges of theft, vandalism, auto burglary and destruction of valuable papers. He has not been found.
- Updated Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development