TennCare officials announced the open enrollment date for a program that helps lower-income, elderly or disabled people with high, unpaid medical bills.
The TennCare Standard Spend Down Program open enrollment will accept 2,500 new applicants.
Those applications will be accepted beginning at six o'clock in the evening March 21st through a toll free number 866-358-3230.
The line will be shut down once that number is reached.
The program is for low-income individuals or those who are aged, blind, disabled or the caretaker relative of a Medicaid eligible child. To qualify, eligible individuals must have enough unpaid medical bills to meet the "spend down" threshold.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon