TennCare officials announced the open enrollment date for a program that helps lower-income, elderly or disabled people with high, unpaid medical bills.
The TennCare Standard Spend Down Program open enrollment will accept 2,500 new applicants.
Those applications will be accepted beginning at six o'clock in the evening March 21st through a toll free number 866-358-3230.
The line will be shut down once that number is reached.
The program is for low-income individuals or those who are aged, blind, disabled or the caretaker relative of a Medicaid eligible child. To qualify, eligible individuals must have enough unpaid medical bills to meet the "spend down" threshold.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane