TennCare officials announced the open enrollment date for a program that helps lower-income, elderly or disabled people with high, unpaid medical bills.
The TennCare Standard Spend Down Program open enrollment will accept 2,500 new applicants.
Those applications will be accepted beginning at six o'clock in the evening March 21st through a toll free number 866-358-3230.
The line will be shut down once that number is reached.
The program is for low-income individuals or those who are aged, blind, disabled or the caretaker relative of a Medicaid eligible child. To qualify, eligible individuals must have enough unpaid medical bills to meet the "spend down" threshold.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run