A new report from ETSU shows a bleak outlook for the region's economy.
The labor market report released this morning shows an eighth straight quarter of lower job levels. Economist say an increasing number of unemployed people are stopping their search in the Tri-Cities.
Employment ticked up in Bristol by half a percent but dropped in both Johnson City and Kingsport by more than a percentage point. Experts say the fact that the workforce is leaving the area shows a sign of market weakness.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment