A new report from ETSU shows a bleak outlook for the region's economy.
The labor market report released this morning shows an eighth straight quarter of lower job levels. Economist say an increasing number of unemployed people are stopping their search in the Tri-Cities.
Employment ticked up in Bristol by half a percent but dropped in both Johnson City and Kingsport by more than a percentage point. Experts say the fact that the workforce is leaving the area shows a sign of market weakness.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone