A new report from ETSU shows a bleak outlook for the region's economy.
The labor market report released this morning shows an eighth straight quarter of lower job levels. Economist say an increasing number of unemployed people are stopping their search in the Tri-Cities.
Employment ticked up in Bristol by half a percent but dropped in both Johnson City and Kingsport by more than a percentage point. Experts say the fact that the workforce is leaving the area shows a sign of market weakness.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City