A new report from ETSU shows a bleak outlook for the region's economy.
The labor market report released this morning shows an eighth straight quarter of lower job levels. Economist say an increasing number of unemployed people are stopping their search in the Tri-Cities.
Employment ticked up in Bristol by half a percent but dropped in both Johnson City and Kingsport by more than a percentage point. Experts say the fact that the workforce is leaving the area shows a sign of market weakness.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury