Greene County Emergency Management director Bill Brown says there will be an emergency shelter available Monday night.
The shelter will be located at Hal Henard Elementary at 425 Vann Road in Greeneville. It will open at 5 p.m. Monday. No food will be available, but anyone who needs a warm place to stay is encouraged to go.
In Elizabethton, the American Red Cross says they are opening a shelter at Grace Baptist Church. They will be offering a warm place to stay and food. That shelter is located at 1114 Broad street in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting