KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - An East Tennessee native is now in command of Tennessee's 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment.
Colonel Darrell Darnbush, of Knoxville, took command of the regiment Sunday during a change of command ceremony in Knoxville.
Members representing the regiment's 45 armories from Kingsport to Memphis and the 129th Army Band participated in the ceremony.
Col. Arnbush is now the regiment's 11th commander.. taking over for a retiring colonel.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School