KNOXVILLE, Tenn. - An East Tennessee native is now in command of Tennessee's 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment.
Colonel Darrell Darnbush, of Knoxville, took command of the regiment Sunday during a change of command ceremony in Knoxville.
Members representing the regiment's 45 armories from Kingsport to Memphis and the 129th Army Band participated in the ceremony.
Col. Arnbush is now the regiment's 11th commander.. taking over for a retiring colonel.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated One escaped inmate from Hawkins County captured
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury