SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A massive accident closed down part of Interstate 81 in Tennessee near the I-26 interchange.
Tennessee Highway Patrol tells us around 5:30 Saturday afternoon, a tractor trailer was traveling south when it was rear ended by another semi-truck, which then burst in to flames.
Both southbound lanes of Interstate 81 were shut down for hours as crews cleared the scene.
Troopers tell us the driver of the truck that caught on fire, Cesar Gonzalaez, was answering a text message at the time of the accident.
He was cited with failure to exercise due care and texting while operating a commercial vehicle.
Gonzalez was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center with minor injuries. The other driver is OK.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend