SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A massive accident closed down part of Interstate 81 in Tennessee near the I-26 interchange.
Tennessee Highway Patrol tells us around 5:30 Saturday afternoon, a tractor trailer was traveling south when it was rear ended by another semi-truck, which then burst in to flames.
Both southbound lanes of Interstate 81 were shut down for hours as crews cleared the scene.
Troopers tell us the driver of the truck that caught on fire, Cesar Gonzalaez, was answering a text message at the time of the accident.
He was cited with failure to exercise due care and texting while operating a commercial vehicle.
Gonzalez was taken to Holston Valley Medical Center with minor injuries. The other driver is OK.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College