NASHVILLE, Tenn. - We're getting a better idea of how big a problem domestic violence is.
Here are the facts from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
They found incidents dropped 3 percent between 2010 and 2012. Simple assault was the most frequently reported offense, at 69 percent.
Also, white victims under the age of 18 were 36 percent more likely to report being a victim, than African Americans.
And here's how much domestic violence costs everyone: the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence says intimate partner violence costs $33 million in annual healthcare costs in Tennessee alone.
For the complete report, follow this link.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash