NASHVILLE, Tenn. - We're getting a better idea of how big a problem domestic violence is.
Here are the facts from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
They found incidents dropped 3 percent between 2010 and 2012. Simple assault was the most frequently reported offense, at 69 percent.
Also, white victims under the age of 18 were 36 percent more likely to report being a victim, than African Americans.
And here's how much domestic violence costs everyone: the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence says intimate partner violence costs $33 million in annual healthcare costs in Tennessee alone.
For the complete report, follow this link.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project