A water ride inside the Dollywood theme park will be permanently closing after the summer season.
Officials announced Tuesday that the River Battle, featuring rafts equipped with crank-operated water cannons that allow riders on one raft to spray others, will be replaced with a new attraction that has yet to be announced.
The ride first opened in 2008 in the Wilderness Pass section of the park. The ride's final day of operation will be Sept. 4.
- Weber City festival to help families with overwhelming medical bills
- Washington County commissioners reassuring citizens after drug treatment center opens
- UPDATE: Judge reverses decision in mother's conviction of Noah Thomas
- Judge weighs suit filed by former Subway pitchman's ex-wife
- Jonesborough post office undergoing transformation