A water ride inside the Dollywood theme park will be permanently closing after the summer season.
Officials announced Tuesday that the River Battle, featuring rafts equipped with crank-operated water cannons that allow riders on one raft to spray others, will be replaced with a new attraction that has yet to be announced.
The ride first opened in 2008 in the Wilderness Pass section of the park. The ride's final day of operation will be Sept. 4.
- New Mosheim's Blue Springs Lutheran Church added to National Register of Historical Places
- Updated Derailed coal train had Michigan utility plant destination
- The legacy of Farm and Fun Time
- Charlie Rose fired by CBS after sexual harassment reports
- Jimmy Buffet, Chris Stapleton, James Taylor opening for the Eagles on select dates in 2018