Dollywood captured four of the top awards in 10 categories at the Gold Ticket Awards ceremony held in Connecticut.
The theme park captured Friendliest Park for the sixth consecutive year while also placing first in Best Shows, Best Christmas Event and Best Food, according to a report issued by the Sevier County-based attraction.
The awards are based on surveys sent to qualified amusement park consumers by the Amusement Today organization who evaluate everything from a park's appearance to its kids area.
"Families can feel the love our folks have for them by the effort and attention they put in to every single detail of the park. They want to make sure every guest leaves with a smile on their face. Dollywood will continue to grow, but I'm thankful my team will never forget what got us to where we are: going above and beyond to give our guests experiences they'll always remember," park owner Dolly Parton said in a prepared statement.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School