Bristol, Tenn. - A group of healthcare professionals met today to learn more about treating diabetes.
Wellmont's annual Diabetes Symposium kicked-off at the Bristol Regional Medical Center on June 20th. The goal is to continue to educate the local medical community on a growing health issue in our region. The event included information on nutritional and emotional needs, and using insulin effectively.
Wellmont Assistant Director of Diabetes Treatment Centers, Jim Perkins, says doctors and nurses in our area need to know these facts now more than ever before.
This marks the 11th year Wellmont has hosted the diabetes symposium.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam