BRISTOL, Tenn. - On Aug. 20, Anita Foster-Machado of Bristol, Tennessee, was arrested on six felony counts of embezzlement, which happened during her time as the Executive Director of the Bristol Library Foundation.
According to the Bristol Virginia Police Department, the charges stem from purchases made using the Bristol Library Foundation credit card between Aug. 30, 2010, and June 20, 2013, totaling approximately $20,000.
Machado's bond was set at $7,500.
According to the Bristol Public Library Foundation's website, it "raises, manages and distributes funds to support the programs of the library. These programs inspire readers and improve our community's quality of life."
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment