BRISTOL, Tenn. - On Aug. 20, Anita Foster-Machado of Bristol, Tennessee, was arrested on six felony counts of embezzlement, which happened during her time as the Executive Director of the Bristol Library Foundation.
According to the Bristol Virginia Police Department, the charges stem from purchases made using the Bristol Library Foundation credit card between Aug. 30, 2010, and June 20, 2013, totaling approximately $20,000.
Machado's bond was set at $7,500.
According to the Bristol Public Library Foundation's website, it "raises, manages and distributes funds to support the programs of the library. These programs inspire readers and improve our community's quality of life."
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting