BRISTOL, Tenn. - On Aug. 20, Anita Foster-Machado of Bristol, Tennessee, was arrested on six felony counts of embezzlement, which happened during her time as the Executive Director of the Bristol Library Foundation.
According to the Bristol Virginia Police Department, the charges stem from purchases made using the Bristol Library Foundation credit card between Aug. 30, 2010, and June 20, 2013, totaling approximately $20,000.
Machado's bond was set at $7,500.
According to the Bristol Public Library Foundation's website, it "raises, manages and distributes funds to support the programs of the library. These programs inspire readers and improve our community's quality of life."
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus