BRISTOL, Tenn. - On Aug. 20, Anita Foster-Machado of Bristol, Tennessee, was arrested on six felony counts of embezzlement, which happened during her time as the Executive Director of the Bristol Library Foundation.
According to the Bristol Virginia Police Department, the charges stem from purchases made using the Bristol Library Foundation credit card between Aug. 30, 2010, and June 20, 2013, totaling approximately $20,000.
Machado's bond was set at $7,500.
According to the Bristol Public Library Foundation's website, it "raises, manages and distributes funds to support the programs of the library. These programs inspire readers and improve our community's quality of life."
- Updated Update on Proposed Methadone Clinic for Gray
- Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic