BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Tri-Cities Diaper Ministry will be marking Diaper Need Awareness Week with the issuance of proclamations by the cities of Kingsport and Bristol.
Diaper Need Awareness Week will run from September 9 to 15 and calls attention to the fact that low-income families cannot afford enough diapers to keep their babies clean, dry and healthy.
Tri-Cities Diaper Ministry will hold many events during the week to promote the awareness of the need for diapers.
The week kicks off on September 8 with a Gospel Singing at Virginia Avenue Baptist Church in Bristol, Va. as way to raise funds that will go towards purchasing diapers.
There will also be a community forum at the Slater Center in Bristol, Tenn. on September 12 on the issue of diaper need and the many effects that it has on the community.
Tri-Cities Diaper Ministry provides diapers to many agencies and organizations in the Tri Cities.
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Samuel Jones at 423.742.5639 or email at email@example.com.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport