NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Children's Services has a new plan of action for investigating child deaths.
DCS has recently faced criticism for failing to know how many children in its care had died. The department is also involved in two lawsuits seeking more information on how it deals with child deaths.
The new protocol requires reviews to be done within 90 days of a death. DCS says the new plan will also look for weaknesses in the system rather than just individual wrongdoing.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin