NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Children's Services has a new plan of action for investigating child deaths.
DCS has recently faced criticism for failing to know how many children in its care had died. The department is also involved in two lawsuits seeking more information on how it deals with child deaths.
The new protocol requires reviews to be done within 90 days of a death. DCS says the new plan will also look for weaknesses in the system rather than just individual wrongdoing.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims