NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Children's Services has a new plan of action for investigating child deaths.
DCS has recently faced criticism for failing to know how many children in its care had died. The department is also involved in two lawsuits seeking more information on how it deals with child deaths.
The new protocol requires reviews to be done within 90 days of a death. DCS says the new plan will also look for weaknesses in the system rather than just individual wrongdoing.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson