NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Tennessee Department of Children's Services has a new plan of action for investigating child deaths.
DCS has recently faced criticism for failing to know how many children in its care had died. The department is also involved in two lawsuits seeking more information on how it deals with child deaths.
The new protocol requires reviews to be done within 90 days of a death. DCS says the new plan will also look for weaknesses in the system rather than just individual wrongdoing.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect