HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. - A deadly fire is under investigation in Church Hill, Tennessee.
According to the police department, a call came in around 12:30 Sunday morning to 340 Silver Lake Road. We're told flames could be seen coming out of the trailer.
Rescue crews found 64-year-old Paul Byington inside the trailer near the back door. He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Fire crews believe the fire started in the living room near the couch.
We spoke to a neighbor who told us Byington was a great neighbor and will be missed. "You always seen him coming going to somebody's house, talking with them and having a good time," neighbor Charles Davis said.
The Church Hill Fire Department tells us they are working to figure out what caused the fire.
They tell us the body was sent for an autopsy.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment