A grand jury will hear the case of domestic assault against Tennessee State Representative David Hawk.
Those charges were filed back in March. At Tuesday's preliminary hearing, Hawk's wife, Crystal, testified that her husband threw her out of bed on March 18, 2012 and gave her a black eye.
Representative Hawk has denied the accusations, but he did not testify at the hearing. After the hearing Hawk said he is "completely innocent."
The grand jury meets again on November 26th.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash