A grand jury will hear the case of domestic assault against Tennessee State Representative David Hawk.
Those charges were filed back in March. At Tuesday's preliminary hearing, Hawk's wife, Crystal, testified that her husband threw her out of bed on March 18, 2012 and gave her a black eye.
Representative Hawk has denied the accusations, but he did not testify at the hearing. After the hearing Hawk said he is "completely innocent."
The grand jury meets again on November 26th.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal