Governor Bill Haslam's wife and First Lady of Tennessee, Crissy Haslam is scheduled to participate in the Read Across America event scheduled for Tuesday in Red Boiling Springs Elementary School.
The event will take place as students make their way to a school-wide book parade.
Haslam has been working to promote early literacy since last summer's launch of the Read20 Family Book Club. The Club attempts to inspire families to read together for twenty minutes everyday.
- New Serial burglar guilty of costly raid at Simon Cowell's home
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media