Governor Bill Haslam's wife and First Lady of Tennessee, Crissy Haslam is scheduled to participate in the Read Across America event scheduled for Tuesday in Red Boiling Springs Elementary School.
The event will take place as students make their way to a school-wide book parade.
Haslam has been working to promote early literacy since last summer's launch of the Read20 Family Book Club. The Club attempts to inspire families to read together for twenty minutes everyday.
- New Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Boone Lake dam repairs will mean water level changes
- TVA investigates aquatic life near Boone Lake dam