ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Crews continue their work on a 6-mile road project in Elizabethton.
Crews are currently building a retaining wall along Gap Creek Road.
We've learned work is about 35-percent complete, that's according to officials from the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Drivers need to be aware, Gap Creek Road will be closed from State Route 361 to Tester Road until January 15th 2014 as crews widen the road.
TDOT tells us work is expected to finish May 31st of 2015.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program