ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - Crews continue their work on a 6-mile road project in Elizabethton.
Crews are currently building a retaining wall along Gap Creek Road.
We've learned work is about 35-percent complete, that's according to officials from the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Drivers need to be aware, Gap Creek Road will be closed from State Route 361 to Tester Road until January 15th 2014 as crews widen the road.
TDOT tells us work is expected to finish May 31st of 2015.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin