TENNESSEE / NORTH CAROLINA - A local organization is stepping up to help those in need in Nebraska.
The international Christian organization Samaritan's Purse headed out to the devastated state to help with relief. Their headquarters in North Carolina tell us the troops headed out with chainsaws, plastic tarps, generators, and other tools less than 24 hours after the twin tornadoes hit.
They are headed for the hard-hit town of Pilger. We're told the staff works with local emergency officials and local churches to determine where help is needed most.
If you are interest in volunteering with Samaritan's Purse go to spvolunteernetwork.org.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'