TENNESSEE / NORTH CAROLINA - A local organization is stepping up to help those in need in Nebraska.
The international Christian organization Samaritan's Purse headed out to the devastated state to help with relief. Their headquarters in North Carolina tell us the troops headed out with chainsaws, plastic tarps, generators, and other tools less than 24 hours after the twin tornadoes hit.
They are headed for the hard-hit town of Pilger. We're told the staff works with local emergency officials and local churches to determine where help is needed most.
If you are interest in volunteering with Samaritan's Purse go to spvolunteernetwork.org.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon