The Chattanooga Police and Tennessee Highway Patrol are responding to a call of shots fired near Interstate 75 in Ooltewah. Witnesses say the suspect fired a shotgun or rifle at vehicles on I-75 from the Exit 11 overpass.
The incident happened near the Shell gas station off Interstate 75. The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office is providing support.
The Chattanooga Police are looking for help identifying the suspect.
The suspect is a white male of thin build, with short hair and what appears to be a white or grey patch in front of his hairline. The suspect was wearing camouflage-style pants, and was shirtless.
A daycare nearby, Mill Creek Country Day School, has been locked down. Hamilton County Schools says no schools are currently on lockdown.
Amy Katcher with Hamilton Co. Schools says Wallace A. Smith Elementary was briefly put on lockdown, but that has since been lifted.
If you have seen this man, please call 911 or (423) 698-2525.
- Scott County students receive shoes and socks from Rotary Club Shoe Fund
- Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School