The State of Tennessee has dropped its case against a Greene County man who made national news when he got arrested for disrupting a public meeting.
Police arrested 76-Eddie Overholt on July 18th for disrupting a meeting of the Industrial Development Board.
But then an online petition began to circulate, asking that charges against Overholt be dropped. More than 12 hundred signatures were collected.
We learned that a motion to dismiss the case was signed by Judge Kenneth Bailey on August 15th.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College