Hawkins County, Tenn. -
The manager of a Hawkins County cemetery has been charged with a single count of forgery amid complaints about the operation at the Hawkins County Memorial Gardens.
Vickie Ringley was arrested Thursday afternoon and charged with a lone count of felony forgery. Over the last months more than 20 people have filed complaints against the manager for not providing services that were paid for.
"We received a complaint that a check had passed and they hadn't signed it and we followed up on it and we found probable cause for charging Ms. Ringley with one count of forgery," Hawkins County investigator Tony Allen said.
No information was available for when Ringley will appear in court to answer the charge.
- Updated Bristol, Virginia scraps waterfall plan at the Falls
- New Kingsport hosts national gymnastics championship
- Updated Man and woman charged with attempted murder, kidnapping now on most wanted list
- Tennessee governor taking business recruiting trip to Europe
- Senate OKs bill to expand N. Carolina's 'revenge porn' law