CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A woman sustained several injuries after she fell about 30 feet at Laurel Fork Falls Wednesday afternoon.
Carter County EMS director Terry Arnold tells us that call came in around 1:45. He said crews traveled by ATVs for over two miles, and then had to hike the other half mile to get to the patient.
They were able to bring the patient out around 3:45. She was taken to the hospital.
Arnold says the woman had injuries to her leg and arm.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson