The mother of a child whose body was found in Buffalo Creek earlier this year has been indicted by a Carter County grand jury.
Tabatha Sword is charged with felony aggravated child neglect in the death of her 3-year-old son in May, according to court information obtained by News 5.
Elizabethon police said that Sword reported the child missing from her home located in the Happy Valley community. The child's body was recovered a short time later.
Sword is being held on a $100,000 bond and is scheduled to be in court on Nov. 20.
- Black Friday preparations: Retailers gearing up for shopping rush
- Thanksgiving travel creating high traffic; law enforcement taking extra measures
- Report: Man posts threat on Facebook planning to kill everyone in Knoxville with bomb
- Tennessee Highway Patrol encourages safe driving during holiday
- Salvation Army looks for volunteers for Red Kettle Campaign