ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - The former clerk of the Watauga River Regional Water Authority was indicted for theft, forgery, official misconduct and credit card fraud.
An investigation by the comptroller's office said Lori Beth Feaster took cash from utility collections, made personal purchases with the district credit cards and took unauthorized check payments.
They say it added up to tens of thousands of dollars.
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s