CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - News 5 has confirmed the motorcyclist killed Saturday afternoon is the son of Roland Ramirez, who owns Little Italy restaurants in Bristol, Tennessee.
Tennessee Highway Patrol tells us the wreck happened around 3:30 Saturday afternoon on Highway 321 in Hampton.
We're told 31-year-old Jason Ramirez was riding eastbound with a group of five motorcyclists, when he sped up to pass the other riders.
Officers say Ramirez was going around a curve and hit a westbound truck head-on. Ramirez was thrown from his motorcycle and died at the scene.
THP says Ramirez's motorcycle came back into the eastbound lane and hit 46-year-old Paul Grant's motorcycle. He was taken to the hospital.The extent of his injuries are unknown.
The driver of the truck did not suffer any injuries
The crash is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash