ELIZABETHON, Tenn. - There was a bizarre accident this morning in elizabethton when an suv ended up inside a local business.
Police say it happened around 8:30 a.m. at the NAPA Auto Parts store on Broad Street. Click here to view photos taken by an employee.
The owner tells News 5 several of his employees were inside the store when the SUV came crashing through the window, but luckily none of the workers were injured.
Heather Dunnigan witnessed the accident. "He came over into the parking lot and the tires started squealing. When he came through the road two cars were coming and he barely missed them. He shot straight across and went all the way into the building," she said. "There was smoke and everything everywhere. It was crazy."
Police say 57-year-old Dennis C. Beamer was driving the SUV and was taken to the hospital.
Police say there is no evidence that drugs or alcohol played a role in the accident.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region