ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - School buses in Elizabethton are rolling again Wednesday after being vandalized. Elizabethton police search for whoever is responsible.
On Monday Elizabethton Police said someone put sugar in gas tanks and slashed tires on school buses.
Up to 500 students had to find another way to school.
On Tuesday students from Tennessee College of Applied Technology worked around the clock cleaning them out while technicians changed tires.
According to John Hutchins, Director of Transportation of Elizabethton Schools all the buses were on the road again except for one which needs parts.
Hutchins told News 5 WCYB getting the buses fixed this quickly would not have been possible without help from the community.
- Updated Bristol, Va. woman charged with attempted robbery
- Updated Tenn. House Clerk accused of rude conduct
- Binge-drinking UMass student nearly dies in Pennsylvania
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation