ELIZABETHTON, TENN. - Elizabethton police have found the driver involved in a fatal hit and run late Thursday night.
The accident happened about 10:00 PM. Police say Christopher Hughes had pulled his car to the side of the road after experiencing car trouble. Police believe Hughes was standing near his car when he was struck by another car which left the scene.
Elizabethton officers found Hughes beside the road. He was taken to the hospital where he died early Friday morning.
A witness called 911 with a description of the car and driver that hit Hughes. "the driver was not on scene when officers did arrive" said Captain Joey Markland of the Elizabethton Police Department " However as a result of our investigation we have been able to identify the person who we believe was the driver of that vehicle."
Elizabethton Police have talked to that driver. The Police chief says the evidence will be turned over to the district attorney to see if charges will be filed.
- New More sponsors for measure to repeal HB2, keep restrictions
- New West Virginia Senate would penalize sharing explicit images
- Updated Authorities investigating Carter County pharmacy armed robbery
- Tennessee man faces negligent homicide charge in toddler's death
- Updated Instagram post leads to sex offender being sent back to prison