CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - UPDATE: Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes says deputies arrested two men for the murder of 56-year-old Danny Vance.
Family found the body of Vance at his house on Heaton Creek Road Friday morning. Deputies found evidence there that showed someone beat, murdered and robbed Vance.
The investigation led officers to a house on Hampton Creek. They entered a wooded area near Townsend Road, where Sheriff Mathes says deputies found two men, 18-year-old Anthony Lacy and 19-year-old Demetrice Cordell.
Investigators believe Lacey and Cordell are behind the attack on Vance. Police charged the men with Vance's murder, and the two are being held in the Carter County Detention Center.
The Carter County Sheriff's Office is investigating a homicide that happened in the Roan Mountain Community.
Sheriff Chris Mathes says family members came to a home to check on a relative at a house on Heaton Creek Road Friday morning.
That's when they found a 57-year-old man dead on the front porch.
The man was last seen alive Thursday evening around sunset.
The man's remains will be taken to Johnson City for an autopsy.
No arrests have been made.
Deputies want you to report to them if you saw anything unusual.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend