CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A two-car crash backed up traffic in Carter County Tuesday morning.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol said the crash happened around 6:45 a.m. when a car going south on 19-E swerved to avoid hitting a roll of wire fencing in the road.
The driver, 19-year-old James R. Ollis of Roan Mountain, lost control of his car, went into the other lane and hit another car.
Ollis' car then went into a ditch and flipped over.
Police said the other car, driven by 25-year-old Derrick Woodward of Watauga, hit a guardrail and spun out.
The two drivers and Woodward's passenger, 19-year-old Bradley S. Whitson of Elizabethton, were all taken to area hospitals. There was no word on their conditions on Tuesday evening.
19-E was closed for more than hour and traffic was backed up in the area.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN