CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is fighting for his life tonight after his truck rolled down a 200-foot embankment.
First responders say around 6 p.m. they got a call on 19-E in Carter County, Tennessee. Wilburn Norris of Johnson City had gone down the embankment in his truck.
Authorities say he drifted close to the median, over-corrected, then hit a guardrail before going over the edge.
Officers say when they arrived, Norris was semi-conscious and they had to use hand tools to get him out of the truck. They had to carry him up the hill in a basket.
We're told by officers on the scene that he was flown to Johnson City Medical Center.
We're told he is being charged with driving under the influence.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview