CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is fighting for his life tonight after his truck rolled down a 200-foot embankment.
First responders say around 6 p.m. they got a call on 19-E in Carter County, Tennessee. Wilburn Norris of Johnson City had gone down the embankment in his truck.
Authorities say he drifted close to the median, over-corrected, then hit a guardrail before going over the edge.
Officers say when they arrived, Norris was semi-conscious and they had to use hand tools to get him out of the truck. They had to carry him up the hill in a basket.
We're told by officers on the scene that he was flown to Johnson City Medical Center.
We're told he is being charged with driving under the influence.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport