ROAN MOUNTAIN, Tenn. - Two men from Roan Mountain will head back to court in September after being arraigned on murder charges Monday.
Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes says 19-year-old Demetrice Cordell and 18-year-old Anthony Lacey killed 56-year-old Danny Vance on the morning of July 4.
Cordell was appointed a public offender in court Monday morning. Lacey told the judge he hired his own lawyer.
Mathes says the two men are accused of going into Vance's home on Heaton Creek Road, lured him outside, and hit him with a large rock several times.
We're told Cordell and Lacey took several items from the home and left on stolen 4-wheelers.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon