ROAN MOUNTAIN, Tenn. - Two men from Roan Mountain will head back to court in September after being arraigned on murder charges Monday.
Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes says 19-year-old Demetrice Cordell and 18-year-old Anthony Lacey killed 56-year-old Danny Vance on the morning of July 4.
Cordell was appointed a public offender in court Monday morning. Lacey told the judge he hired his own lawyer.
Mathes says the two men are accused of going into Vance's home on Heaton Creek Road, lured him outside, and hit him with a large rock several times.
We're told Cordell and Lacey took several items from the home and left on stolen 4-wheelers.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program