CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County teacher and coach accused of stealing pills at school was arraigned in criminal court Tuesday.
A grand jury indicted Leon Tolley on two counts of theft under $500. According to the Carter County Sheriff's Department, surveillance video shows Tolley was caught removing Lortab pills from a teacher's desk.
Investigators tell us Tolley turned himself in Tuesday morning.
We're told he admitted to detectives that he took the pills on two occasions.
Tolley was a teacher at Hampton Elementary and coached girls' basketball before he was suspended in December without pay.
The case was presented to the grand jury once before, but that time the grand jury failed to indict Tolley.
He will be back in court on July 14.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway