CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County teacher and coach accused of stealing pills at school was arraigned in criminal court Tuesday.
A grand jury indicted Leon Tolley on two counts of theft under $500. According to the Carter County Sheriff's Department, surveillance video shows Tolley was caught removing Lortab pills from a teacher's desk.
Investigators tell us Tolley turned himself in Tuesday morning.
We're told he admitted to detectives that he took the pills on two occasions.
Tolley was a teacher at Hampton Elementary and coached girls' basketball before he was suspended in December without pay.
The case was presented to the grand jury once before, but that time the grand jury failed to indict Tolley.
He will be back in court on July 14.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault