CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County teacher and coach accused of stealing pills at school was arraigned in criminal court Tuesday.
A grand jury indicted Leon Tolley on two counts of theft under $500. According to the Carter County Sheriff's Department, surveillance video shows Tolley was caught removing Lortab pills from a teacher's desk.
Investigators tell us Tolley turned himself in Tuesday morning.
We're told he admitted to detectives that he took the pills on two occasions.
Tolley was a teacher at Hampton Elementary and coached girls' basketball before he was suspended in December without pay.
The case was presented to the grand jury once before, but that time the grand jury failed to indict Tolley.
He will be back in court on July 14.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction