CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Central Elementary School substitute teacher is facing charges after Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes says she assaulted three students with a stapler.
Alisha Lynn Cook was charged with three counts of simple assault following a two-day investigation by the Carter County Sheriff's Department.
Cook was booked into the Carter County jail under a $5,000 bond.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane