CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Central Elementary School substitute teacher is facing charges after Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes says she assaulted three students with a stapler.
Alisha Lynn Cook was charged with three counts of simple assault following a two-day investigation by the Carter County Sheriff's Department.
Cook was booked into the Carter County jail under a $5,000 bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake