CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Carter County sheriff Chris Mathes is offering a reward for information about who damaged signs for his re-election campaign.
Mathes is running as a write-in candidate for re-election.
The damaged signs are in the Roan Mountain area.
Sheriff Mathes is offering a $500 reward out of his own pocket for information leading up to an arrest. He tells us at least 60 yard signs have been stolen or damaged. He tells us there has been close to $1,000 in damages.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect