CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - Carter County sheriff Chris Mathes is offering a reward for information about who damaged signs for his re-election campaign.
Mathes is running as a write-in candidate for re-election.
The damaged signs are in the Roan Mountain area.
Sheriff Mathes is offering a $500 reward out of his own pocket for information leading up to an arrest. He tells us at least 60 yard signs have been stolen or damaged. He tells us there has been close to $1,000 in damages.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next