HAMPTON, Tenn. - A Carter County woman is facing federal sexual exploitation charges involving her own children in a disturbing case coming out of Hampton.
We're told a complaint was filed sometime this month through Missing and Exploited Children on Crystal Renea Dawn Poore. Her children are ages 2, 6, and 8.
Sheriff Mathes said in a press conference Wednesday she is charged with possessing images that were "as drastic as it can get."
We're told Poore was arrested Monday and faces numerous charges including incest, sexual battery, and aggravated rape of a child, among other charges.
Sheriff Mathes says this is the worse case he's ever seen. "It's hard to do this job and not have some disgust when you look at what some individuals do, especially to children," he said. "It just doesn't add up."
We're told the father of the children is believed to have lived at the home, but there is no evidence he is involved.
Poore is in federal custody. The three children are now safe in state custody.
Authorities are not sure how long the alleged abuse has been going on as it is still under investigation.
We will bring you more information as we get it..
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus