The manhunt in Carter County is over. Deputies caught Tommy Brummitt early Friday morning at a trailer in Hampton.
The sheriff's office got information that Brummitt could be hiding out in the home on Swimming Pool Road and surrounded the property. They tell us they found Brummitt inside and they arrested him without any problems.
He and his cousin, Michael Brummitt, are accused of going on a drunken shooting spree Monday night in the Dry Creek Road area.
Deputies caught Michael Brummitt near the scene, but Tommy got away.
Since then, the tips have been pouring in about where he could be. "As we pursued those, we felt that we were one step behind and getting closer, day by day, hour by hour," says Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes.
During the shooting, deputies say the cousins shot five houses, which wounded two people.
Both of the victims weren't seriously injured.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death