CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County public school book-keeper entered a plea to official misconduct and theft over one thousand dollars.
According to the Associated Press Tabitha Tolley Street entered an Alford plea.
Authorities say she took $8,500 from several fundraising collections at Valley Forge Elementary School. They say she manipulated records to hide the missing money.
She's scheduled for sentencing on June 21st.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death