CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A Carter County public school book-keeper entered a plea to official misconduct and theft over one thousand dollars.
According to the Associated Press Tabitha Tolley Street entered an Alford plea.
Authorities say she took $8,500 from several fundraising collections at Valley Forge Elementary School. They say she manipulated records to hide the missing money.
She's scheduled for sentencing on June 21st.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- New Southwest VA school gets national recognition
- New Vance Middle School receives big honor
- New Joe Lasher Jr. playing benefit concert for Second Harvest