CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - An elementary school in Carter County will be closing their doors for good by the end of this school year.
School board members voted Thursday night to close Range Elementary.
It's a cost saving measure to help balance the Carter County School System's budget.
A total of 94 students will start the 2013-2014 school year at nearby Central Elementary. "It's our goal to not only absorb the teachers, keep them with a job. But also look to do everything possible to make sure that we have a place for our aids and para-professionals," said Director of Schools Kevin Ward.
Equipment and modular classrooms will be moved to other schools in the county based on the need.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway