HAMPTON, Tenn. - A reward is now being offered in a Carter County pharmacy robbery investigation.
The Carter County Sheriff's Department is looking for the person who robbed the Hampton Pharmacy back in December 2012. Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us the person got away with several thousand oxycodone pills at a street value of around $20,000.
Mathes tells us a man walked into the pharmacy before it closed and showed a semi-automatic handgun. He made the employees get on the floor and give him the pills.
Mathes tells us they are working leads in the robbery. He believes the rise in thefts and burglaries are associated with drug issues all around the region.
If you have information on this robbery, call Crimestoppers at 888-479-8477. Tips that lead to an arrest will get a $2,500 reward from RxPatrol, an organization that helps pharmacies avoid theft.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting