ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - An Elizabethton man is facing drug charges in Johnson City after being accused of having drugs for resale.
Jesse Teel was arrested Thursday night during a traffic stop. Johnson City Police say they could smell marijuana inside the vehicle, so they had a K-9 sniff around inside.
Once the K-9 alerted officers to the presence of drugs, we're told officers found about 11 grams of marijuana packaged in eight separate baggies.
Teel was arrested and taken to the Washington County Detention Center. His bond was set at $10,000.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting