ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A man faces charges after police say he tried to break into a pharmacy.
Elizabethton Police tell us early Sunday morning someone broke into Union Prescription on Bemberg Drive. Officers tell us the building's back window was broken and several packages were lying on the floor, but nothing was taken.
Officers say they identified Michael Sims as the suspect after watching the store's surveillance video. We're told Sims was arrested about two hours later after officers found him behind a nearby doctor's office.
Sims was charged with burglary and vandalism.
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween