ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A local newspaper is laying off its paper delivery crew to help cut back on costs.
The Elizabethton Star tells us their 16 former carriers are without a job; the paper will now be sent through the Post Office.
The paper's president says this will allow readers to get their paper earlier.
The changes took effect Tuesday.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway