ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A local newspaper is laying off its paper delivery crew to help cut back on costs.
The Elizabethton Star tells us their 16 former carriers are without a job; the paper will now be sent through the Post Office.
The paper's president says this will allow readers to get their paper earlier.
The changes took effect Tuesday.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities
- Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record