ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A local newspaper is laying off its paper delivery crew to help cut back on costs.
The Elizabethton Star tells us their 16 former carriers are without a job; the paper will now be sent through the Post Office.
The paper's president says this will allow readers to get their paper earlier.
The changes took effect Tuesday.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend