Elizabethton, Tenn. - State parks all across the nation participated in the first hike of the new year.
Sycamore Shoals State Park in Elizabethton was one of those parks.
Visitors for the first hike got a little bit more than just a walk in the park.
There was a visit to the Carter Mansion. It's the oldest framed house in Tennessee.
The park will be celebrating "Old Christmas" this weekend as they end the 12 days of Christmas as the holiday would have been celebrated in the 18-th century.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital