Elizabethton, Tenn. - State parks all across the nation participated in the first hike of the new year.
Sycamore Shoals State Park in Elizabethton was one of those parks.
Visitors for the first hike got a little bit more than just a walk in the park.
There was a visit to the Carter Mansion. It's the oldest framed house in Tennessee.
The park will be celebrating "Old Christmas" this weekend as they end the 12 days of Christmas as the holiday would have been celebrated in the 18-th century.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend