Elizabethton, Tenn. - State parks all across the nation participated in the first hike of the new year.
Sycamore Shoals State Park in Elizabethton was one of those parks.
Visitors for the first hike got a little bit more than just a walk in the park.
There was a visit to the Carter Mansion. It's the oldest framed house in Tennessee.
The park will be celebrating "Old Christmas" this weekend as they end the 12 days of Christmas as the holiday would have been celebrated in the 18-th century.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program