Elizabethton, Tenn. - State parks all across the nation participated in the first hike of the new year.
Sycamore Shoals State Park in Elizabethton was one of those parks.
Visitors for the first hike got a little bit more than just a walk in the park.
There was a visit to the Carter Mansion. It's the oldest framed house in Tennessee.
The park will be celebrating "Old Christmas" this weekend as they end the 12 days of Christmas as the holiday would have been celebrated in the 18-th century.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City