Elizabethton, Tenn. - State parks all across the nation participated in the first hike of the new year.
Sycamore Shoals State Park in Elizabethton was one of those parks.
Visitors for the first hike got a little bit more than just a walk in the park.
There was a visit to the Carter Mansion. It's the oldest framed house in Tennessee.
The park will be celebrating "Old Christmas" this weekend as they end the 12 days of Christmas as the holiday would have been celebrated in the 18-th century.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting