ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A proposed renovation project in Elizabethton is still waiting to be finalized between the city and the school system.
We talked with school leaders Monday, who said they asked city council for another million dollars, totaling $6 million. The money would go towards a new athletic complex and music rooms at Elizabethton High School and renovate parts of T.A. Dugger Middle School.
At a meeting Friday, the school says they were told the city didn't have an extra million.
Now the school hopes to hear from city council at their next meeting on February 13.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport