ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. - A proposed renovation project in Elizabethton is still waiting to be finalized between the city and the school system.
We talked with school leaders Monday, who said they asked city council for another million dollars, totaling $6 million. The money would go towards a new athletic complex and music rooms at Elizabethton High School and renovate parts of T.A. Dugger Middle School.
At a meeting Friday, the school says they were told the city didn't have an extra million.
Now the school hopes to hear from city council at their next meeting on February 13.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview