CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - We now know the name of the woman who died in a crash on Tuesday after Tennessee Highway Patrol authorities say she veered into oncoming traffic.
We've learned from the THP that 60-year-old Carolyn Holtsclaw of Johnson City was the one behind the wheel.
The crash happened on Highway 19E. THP tells us Holtsclaw's truck side-swiped a Carter County Highway Department truck and then hit another truck head-on.
Holtsclaw was pronounced dead at the scene.
We're told she was not wearing a seat belt.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City