CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - We now know the name of the woman who died in a crash on Tuesday after Tennessee Highway Patrol authorities say she veered into oncoming traffic.
We've learned from the THP that 60-year-old Carolyn Holtsclaw of Johnson City was the one behind the wheel.
The crash happened on Highway 19E. THP tells us Holtsclaw's truck side-swiped a Carter County Highway Department truck and then hit another truck head-on.
Holtsclaw was pronounced dead at the scene.
We're told she was not wearing a seat belt.
- Updated Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Updated Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Updated Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome
- Updated Tropical Storm Hermine forms in the Gulf of Mexico
- New Trio accused of murder, burning body appear in court