MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. - More students are choosing to attend Milligan College.
The college's fall enrollment and retention rates have reached historic highs.
Enrollment is up more than four percent to 1,213 over last year and surpasses the previous enrollment record set back in 2011.
More students are also sticking around after starting their college career at Milligan.
The freshman to sophomore retention rate is an all-time high of 86 percent and the overall retention rate is up to almost 92 percent.
Milligan College officials say the retention rates are higher than many schools in the region and national averages.
- New Wise County authorities search for missing woman
- Updated Governor Terry McAuliffe visits health care clinic
- New Former NASCAR driver Stewart stopped by Illinois trooper
- New Tennessee, Virginia among 46 states to share in Target data breach settlement
- Two men publicly caned in Indonesia for having gay sex