MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. - More students are choosing to attend Milligan College.
The college's fall enrollment and retention rates have reached historic highs.
Enrollment is up more than four percent to 1,213 over last year and surpasses the previous enrollment record set back in 2011.
More students are also sticking around after starting their college career at Milligan.
The freshman to sophomore retention rate is an all-time high of 86 percent and the overall retention rate is up to almost 92 percent.
Milligan College officials say the retention rates are higher than many schools in the region and national averages.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man