MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. - More students are choosing to attend Milligan College.
The college's fall enrollment and retention rates have reached historic highs.
Enrollment is up more than four percent to 1,213 over last year and surpasses the previous enrollment record set back in 2011.
More students are also sticking around after starting their college career at Milligan.
The freshman to sophomore retention rate is an all-time high of 86 percent and the overall retention rate is up to almost 92 percent.
Milligan College officials say the retention rates are higher than many schools in the region and national averages.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake