CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A man will spend 25 years behind bars after he was found guilty of especially aggravated kidnapping.
Randy Wayne Johnson was sentenced by a judge in Carter County Friday.
Johnson was accused of kidnapping a woman and then trying to get away from police in his truck.
Johnson had already been on parole and is serving a 12-year prison sentence for that violation.
Johnson also was found guilty of other charges, including assault on an officer, evading arrest, and drug possession.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon